My Adventures on Google Reader!!!
I chose to use Google reader, and found that it was very simple to subscribe to various blogs/news feeds. Since I was already a member of gmail, I did not need to sign up to use Google Reader.
I subscribed to the Federal Resources for Educational Excellence. One of the posting I received from this blog led me to a site called "Climate Change Kids Site". This site looks at climate change and what it is, why it matters, and what kids can do about it. There are various games, animations and quizzes, and a climate change calculator are provided on the site. Though the main site for Federal Resources for Educational Excellence is American, there are some interesting exercises and activities that teachers can modify to meet the OME expectations.
Another blog I subscribed to was Teaching Ideas for Primary Teachers. I got a bunch of updates news feeds on this blog. One that I found particularly interesting was a post on Gaining Attention. This was from a UK based website, and provided some interesting ways to get the attention of your class.
I also subscribed to a few blogs for fun and easy vegetarian recipes and cooking ideas for children. I thinking cooking can be a great activity to bring into the classroom and can be incorporated into the curriculum. For example, creating a recipe can be incorporated into a writing lesson. If you are doing a unit on healthy eating, then a fun end of unit activity could be to cook a healthy meal as as class.
Overall, I think my experience with Google Reader has been fun and easy so far!
No comments:
Post a Comment